This is the first public, production release of the CIF API. Notable changes from beta test release 0.2.0 include:
- CIF API is now offered for use under the terms of the GNU LGPL.
- Type name change: because POSIX reserves all C type identifiers ending in "_t", the names of the data types provided by the CIF API have been changed to use the suffix "_tp" instead. This affects source compatibility, but not binary compatibility.
- Support was added for building native DLLs on Windows, using an MSYS2 environment and MinGW64 tool chain. Although not directly supported, other tool chains, such as Visual Studio, should also be able to build the project.
- OS X is now a supported platform (tested on OS X 10.8)
- Added support for parsing nonstandard whitespace and end-of-line characters, with an eye toward ancient CIFs that use vertical tab and form feed characters, respectively, in these roles. This support must be enabled via parser configuration options.
- Added function cif_get_api_version() for dynamically determining which version of the CIF API is being used.
You can obtain a source tarball with HTML documentation included directly from me, or you may download a ZIP or tarball from the GitHub project: https://github.com/COMCIFS/cif_api/. The current HTML documentation is available online at http://comcifs.github.io/cif_api/.